Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas in Mexico

We didn't have any snow, but it still felt like Christmas inside. I bought a gingerbread house from Costco and the boys had a blast decorating/eating it. I made them wait until I took a picture before they could devour it.

Since we left our fake tree in Canada, we bought a real one here - a Douglas fir tree - it was very soft and looked great -until after Christmas. Tius, our dog, discovered the tree made a great back scratcher, and consequently rubbed all the needles off the bottom quarter of the tree. The kittens also played a part in the destruction as they thought the tree made a great place to hide in and that the balls made great toys. Every morning I would wake up to hundreds of pine needles on the floor along with half a dozen Christmas balls rolling around. I finally got rid of the tree a couple days before New Years because I was tired of sweeping up pine needles.


The boys opened up their presents in a hurry and we spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach with friends and Bill's aunt and uncle who have recently moved to the area.
It was 35 degrees celcius that afternoon, but with the ocean breeze, it felt just right. I cooked a turkey and Bill's aunt brought the veggies, potatoes and dessert.










1 comment:

  1. LOL! I have heard about cats loving to hide and play in people's Christmas trees. I would have gotten rid of it too that early, if I had to keep cleaning it up.

    Cute gingerbread houses!!

    ReplyDelete